Monday, February 9, 2009

February's Book and Bio

Aimee:

Okay first, I chose this book at the recommendation of a friend, I thought I'd step outside of my box. I usually pick books that are lovey, dovey happy ending sort of stuff. I'm also a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, Twilight, Emma, etc... so I hope this book won't be a downer.

A little about myself, I am from long Island, NY I'm married to a Utah Man (Jess-a hunk of burning love). We have 4 beautiful kids, three girls and one boy. I'm blessed to be a stay at home mom. I love to cook and garden. I hate, hate the cold and can't wait until it is 90 outside at seven o'clock at night! I love the color pink, yeah pink and the color blue, all shades. And someday( hopefully in the near future) I will own a 1975 black Trans AM, yeah that's right, with a huge gold eagle on the hood!! I really hope this book is worth the read! See you all in a few weeks!!


This month's meeting is on the 21st, 6:30 @Aimee's.

6 comments:

  1. I just thought as an out of towner I would add my comments about this book. Well, I made it to chapter 8 (which was hard to do). I just could not get into this book for anything. Every time I read a chapter, I would doze off. Who needs ambien when you can just pick up this book. I understand that I need to appreciate the historical aspect of what happened during this awful time in history, but if she is going to sell this as a novel, it should be written like one, instead of a documentary. Sorry, I just couldn't make it through this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I agree, but I am a die hard because i am just about finished with the book. I am on chapter 26, what can I say I like history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this book was totally awesome. If I could be a zookeeper's wife I would totally stash Jews in my empty cages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished the Zookeeper's Wife Yea, now I am just wondering why I was bumped to May for my book. Marly and Me just a little confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Sorry Cathy, I didn't know you had choosen your book yet or I would have bumped you to March. As it is you can be April. Don't forget to send me your Bio. thanks:)

    ReplyDelete